2007년 2월 19일 월요일

My spiritual/character goal

People often say that nobody is perfect; however, I think that one can go near to the limit of “perfect” when he makes progresses in life and here are some of my goals to be near thatFor my spiritual goal, I desire to spend more time with God I spend my life thinking about myself and myself only. Instead of molding myself into God, I often try to fit God into my life. For example, I would skip the church when I feel lazy or when I am busy. Now, I want to stop that and give my life to God. I did not want God to drive my life, but after all these masses and troubles I caused, I realize that one to control my life is God. To give him the handle, I will first have to trust him and his power wholly. Otherwise, I will be anxious and will not give up the entire handle. Also, I will read more about his words even when I am not at church like I read novels. Another method for me to be closer to God is going to the church. Attending the church, itself cannot make you a true Christian, but I personally think it is a significant act for those who are Christians, for it indicates spending more time with God.My second goal is based on developing my characters. To be raised in Korean family and to be educated in Korean style for a long time, I tend to be shy and negative about myself. When I was young I learned it as modesty, but now I realize that it is lack trusty for oneself and confidence. Also, I often compared myself with other people with intelligence, popularity, or attractive physical traits and got disappointed with what I was given, even though I know that everyone is different. My character goal is to acknowledge my very own special traits. Most of all, I want to free myself from other people’s comments about me like Oprah Winfrey said, “I cannot be defined by what other people think.” One of my methods is to look at myself in positive way. Instead of saying, “I wish” or “I am ugly”, I will say “I am unique in my own way and nobody can be me.” Also, to grow confidence, I will practice speaking infront of the others especially in classtime. I used to put my head down when a teacher asked for a volunteer to speak out loud, but now I want to change that and courageously raise my hand.Denholm, Kristine Meldrum. "Defining yourself." Chocolate for a Teen 3(2000): 128-131.

댓글 없음: